iPod aficionados have been frothing in the mouth over Apple’s new iPod/iTunes product launch.
Based on the live feeds from the event, it was rather ho-hum:
- A gaunt Steve Jobs joking that the rumors about his death are exaggerated
- New iTunes 8 with improved playlist creation and HD
- A larger capacity (120 GB) iPod Classic — most likely the last of its kind
- A redesigned iPod Nano with curvier lines
- A beefed-up iPod Touch with software version 2.1 (which will be available for the iPhone, too)
- Some accessories
Basically, incremental improvements and evolutionary stuff, preparing for the holiday season sales.
Not bad, but hardly anything to get very excited about.